Indaba𝕏 2024: It’s coming home
We are looking for the next generation of ML community leaders in South Africa!
Please fill out this form if you want to take on responsibilities in organising the Deep Learning IndabaX South Africa conference in 2024, which will be held at the University of the Witwatersrand early July. The roles and responsibilities can be found at this link: https://indabax.co.za/about/roles-and-responsibilities/
In your motivation, please address:
a. what will you bring to the IndabaX (i.e. why does the IndabaX need to have you on the team), b. how have you championed for ML and the ML community in the past, and c. what experience do you have that is relevant to the position(s) above.
Note that we are strongly looking for passion and commitment to the ML community. Experience organising events and involvement in a ML community is a plus. Willingness to learn is a must.
You will receive support from the directors of the Deep Learning IndabaX South Africa as well as the Deep Learning Indaba.
Location and time commitment
- Organising the IndabaX is a remote process but we will come together for the event itself.
- We also look for organisers in the same city as the event to interact with sponsors, the venue, and other local logistics.
- We encourage those in the Southern Africa region to apply.
- We are unlikely to process applications from North|East|West Africa but encourage those people to get involved in their own local IndabaX events - https://deeplearningindaba.com/2023/indabax/
The time commitment is approximately 2-4 hours per week from March to April, and 6-10 from May to July, depending on role and responsibilities.
APPLICATION PROCESS and IMPORTANT DATES
- Applications close 9th Feb 15:00 SAST
- You may be asked to interview with the executive committee. You don’t need to prepare anything other than bringing the passion! This would ideally take place the week of the 12th Feb.
- Applicants notified end of Feb
- March onward: organise the event!
Follow the link above or fill out the form directly below: