Define the path of the Indaba𝕏 South Africa in 2023!
We are looking for the next generation of ML community leaders in South Africa!
Please fill out this form (also at the bottom of this page) if you want to take on responsibilities in organising the Deep Learning IndabaX conference in South Africa in 2023, which will be held at the University of Cape Town from 28th - 30th August 2023.
The roles and responsibilities can be found at this link
In your motivation, please address:
- what will you bring to the IndabaX (i.e. why does the IndabaX need to have you on the team),
- how have you championed for ML and the ML community in the past, and
- what experience do you have that is relevant to the position(s) above.
Note that we are strongly looking for passion and commitment to the ML community. Experience organising events and involvement in a ML community is a plus. Willingness to learn is a must.
You will receive support from the directors of the Deep Learning IndabaX South Africa as well as the Deep Learning Indaba.
Indaba𝕏 and IJCAI 2023
This year, the Indaba𝕏 is a Southern Africa affair and will also be co-located in Cape Town with the International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI) 2023. If you would like to be involved in the local committee for IJCAI, please reach out to them directly.
We encourage joint attendance of IJCAI and Indaba𝕏!
APPLICATION PROCESS and IMPORTANT DATES
- Applications close 20th March 15:00 SAST
- You may be asked to interview with the executive committee. You don’t need to prepare anything other than bringing the passion! This would ideally take place the week of the 27th March.
- Applicants notified in April
- April onward: organise the event!
Location and time commitment
- Organising the IndabaX is a remote process but we will come together for the event itself.
- We also look for organisers in the same city as the event to interact with sponsors, the venue, and other local logistics.
- We encourage those in the Southern Africa region to apply.
- We are unlikely to process applications from North|East|West Africa but encourage those people to get involved in their own local IndabaX events - https://deeplearningindaba.com/2023/indabax/
The time commitment is approximately 2-4 hours per week from April to June, and 6-10 from June to August, depending on role and responsibilities.